Monday, October 27, 2008

Valuable Lesson

In the summer of 2003, my younger brother, Brendan, got a gash in his knee while swimming in a lake in Wisconsin. We were on our annual camping trip and it was the first day that we had been there. It was so deep that you could see his knee cap. We had to take him to the hospital there, and he got some temporary stitches. It was very painful for him throughout the rest of the trip and when we got back to Peoria we took him to St. Francis where we found that he had a rare infection in his leg. As a result he had to have a couple surgeries and was in intensive care for two weeks. He was only in third grade and was a very rough time for our whole family. Meanwhile, my two sisters and I stayed at my grandparents house and made visits to the hospital as often as we could. Brendan is completely fine now, with the exeption of a long scar on his leg. This taught me the importance of family and how quickly your life can change.
(Tom Hanley)

1 comment:

Peggy Sue Brown said...

Hi Conner,
You and your sister have been amazing students this semester. Makes me wish I had twins. I would like to give you credit for some missing blogs. This one says you posted to Tom Hanley but I cannot find it. Also, if I did not give you full credit, you can edit and repost a blog with more words. Mrs. B